This is the most common type of massage therapy, and includes the basic movements needed for all massages. They begin with superficial blows in the direction of blood circulation to warm the muscles then move to the deeper tissues, it has the final purpose the relaxation and elimination of toxins.
The therapist usually starts in one zone of the back, immediately he or she works the back of each leg, subsequently he/she massages the front of each leg, then both arms, and normally ends with the neck and shoulders, however depending of the needs of each person or even dough the technique that any therapist has,, this can change.
The main benefits se obtain from Swedish massage are as follow:
- Deep relaxation of body and mind.
- Relief of muscle, join and ciatic nerve pain.
- Improved and accelerated lymphatic circulation and draining effect. Elimination of toxins.
- Stimulates and improves the visible appearance of the skin
- Improves the muscle and join tissue.
- Accelerates the healing of diseases and injuries.
- Decreases the fat tissue and recovers them.
- Highly reduces the sensation of tiredness, stressfulness, anxiety and irritability.
- Positive effects of the patient who is going to feel relaxed and relieved.